Grants/Advancement Projects Coordinator at Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, Inc
Part Time • Southern Berkshires • Posted 1 year ago • Required: 4 – 7 years experience • Bachelor’s Degree / Equivalent Experience •
Role: The Grants & Advancement Projects Coordinator works with other members of the Advancement team, Marketing team, and Finance team and assists with all aspects of Advancement work, with particular focus on successfully preparing, tracking, and submitting foundation and government grants; producing a variety of donor-related communication including mail, email, social media, and website; stewarding donors; maintaining grant files and tracking funding deadlines. The Grants and Advancement Project Coordinator supports the equity-focused work of the Mahaiwe in helping to ensure that equity is built into funding proposals, prospect cultivation, and donor stewardship. The Advancement Coordinator provides other project management as requested and staffs Advancement events.
- Grants, including writing proposals and funder reports, assembling and submitting required narrative and budget materials, researching grant opportunities, tracking deadlines, and maintaining files.
- Digital Communication, including, but not limited to, donor-related content on the Mahaiwe website, eblasts, digital donation forms, e-acknowledgements, and the Membership portal.
- Donor Database in coordination with other members of the Advancement, Finance, Box Office, and Marketing teams, including, but not limited to, gift and donor contact entry, generation of complex mailing lists and analytical reports, and gift reconciliation.
- Written Communications, including composing donor correspondences, committee minutes, funder reports, and drafting and sending a monthly newsletter.
- Event Assistance, including preparation for and staffing at Advancement events, and occasional attendance at select live performances.
- Other duties, as assigned including occasional assistance in other departments.
- Demonstrated track record of researching, writing, and securing grants.
- Highly detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Ability to coordinate multiple ongoing projects in various stages
- Experience with database programs and comfort with data management.
- Experience with website and social media content generation
- High interpersonal skills and ability to interact graciously with the public.
- Readiness to work in an environment that values and includes diverse group identities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Imaginative team player able to work in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Passion for the arts and desire to pursue a career in arts management.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends at performances and events.
Additional Desirable Experience:
- Experience working with communities of color, immigrant communities, non-English speaking communities, or communities with low income.
- Ability to converse in Spanish or Portuguese
- Knowledge of Salesforce/Patron Manager database
- Knowledge of Emma or related email software
- Knowledge of WordPress or related website software
- Familiarity with the greater Berkshire region
How To Apply
How to Apply: Send resume and a brief paragraph in answer to each of the following questions to [email protected] What about this job particularly appeals to you? What makes you uniquely qualified for this job? How would your coworkers describe you?
About Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, Inc
Find out more about Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, Inc on their website.