General Ledger Accountant at TEC Staffing Services
Full Time • Central Berkshires • Posted 1 year ago • Required: 4 – 7 years experience • Bachelor’s Degree / Equivalent Experience •
Assist finance team that supports a variety of projects and initiatives with various General Ledger Accounting operations and projects across Company’s portfolio to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements.
Salary: $50K-$80K Depending on experience
Hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-4:30PM
Benefits: Compensation and benefits package based on experience and qualifications
Assist in the oversight of external bookkeepers for multiple operating entities, ensuring accurate recording of entries and timely financial close
Collaborate with operating entity leads to maintain accurate activity in the accounting software and timely month end close procedures
Monitor and implement best practices and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Prepare monthly account reconciliations and other financial control processes to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements
Provide analytic and value-added insight on a variety of business operations and project support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a finance, accounting, or business role with a demonstrated analytical ability
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and experience with concepts such as revenue recognition, account reconciliation, financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Experience with accounting systems
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and in areas of ambiguity with little guidance
- A demonstrated professional integrity
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Great attitude, fun, team player with a desire to make an impact
- An intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness – comfortable asking questions that lead to better results
- Not satisfied with status-quo – a creative thinker
About TEC Staffing Services
TEC Staffing Services, locally owned and operated by Tamara (Tami) Emery Sime, is a full service employment agency providing placements for direct hire, temporary, temp to permanent, per diem and other specialty areas. Whether you are looking for your next career move or need to find qualified talent for your business, TEC has the connections, experience and expertise to help make the match! Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to stay current on employment and talent opportunities.
Find out more about TEC Staffing Services on their website.