$20 per hour, 18-24 hours per week
More InformationPosition Summary:
This is a part-time non-exempt position reporting to the Education Program Manager. The Education Specialist will work in collaboration with the Experience Team to lead offsite programs for elementary and middle school-age students in summer learning programs throughout the community.
Primary Functions and Major Responsibilities:
The Education Specialist is responsible for the implementation of educational programming focusing on natural science, history, and art in summer learning with elementary and middle school students in Northern Berkshire County.
Summer: July 5th – August 3rd ; Monday to Thursday; 18-24 hours per week
Dates and times will vary somewhat by site.
• Delivery of art and science programs with students
• Managing a group of elementary and middle school students at their school or camp
• Timely onsite preparation and cleanup of programming at school
• Maintaining good communication and working relationship with school administration and staff
• Maintain and report accurate records of material usage
• Participate in ongoing training for Museum programming and curriculum
• Participate in weekly program status meetings with Education Program Manager
• 1-2 years of experience working as an educator (formally or informally)
• Experience working with the general public, in a museum or other public program setting, preferred
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Science, or Visual Arts and/or combination of Associates Degree with demonstrated professional experience. Current higher education students will be considered with demonstrated professional experience.
• Excellent writing and public speaking skills
• Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision and in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to communicate professionally with administrators, educators, and the general public
Equipment, Skills and Other Requirements:
• Candidate must have their own reliable transportation
• Candidate must be able to work and/or type at a desk, climb stairs and lift up to 30 lbs.
• An ideal candidate will have excellent skills in use of contemporary technology in an educational setting
• Candidate must maintain a current Massachusetts driver’s license, personal automobile insurance and a safe driving record
This Ad has been viewed 11 times.